In a consultancy group led by KPMG, AEG Ogden participated in a comprehensive study for the Western Australian Government to determine the feasibility of the development of a world class, multipurpose stadium for Perth, to cater for major international rugby union and soccer events, as well as being home to two successful Australian Football League home teams. The consultancy included:
- A review of the existing facilities and their event profiles, including discussions with all key stakeholders.
- A full market assessment and development of event projections.
- Specification of stadium requirements to meet the market and stakeholder expectations.
- Site assessment of 13 nominated sites with final recommendation of two options for consideration.
- Review of management and governance options.
- Capital costs and full project cost assessment
- Financial modelling based on realistic operating and market assumptions
The recommendations prepared on the basis of the study by the Government appointed task force have been adopted and action has now been taken to progress the project.